Monday 26 September 2011

More about "Wayang"............Episode 1

Before I begin to tell you more about "Wayang" or puppets.Please forgive me the grammatical mistakes in this blog.Remember,I'm just an artist and not a writer.Actually,I'm really lazy to do blog because most of my time spend and searching of ideas  to create a theme for my art piece.Most of my friends and buyers tell why "wayang"?The answer I'm Javanese my heritage, all my passion comes from "Wayang Kulit".,why not I interprete it art way.I will try to tell where the history of wayang and names of different type of puppet in this blog.

Firstly,  "wayang" or puppets  originated in Kraton Surakarta (Kraton means Palace in Indonesia).Let me explain more in Kraton,the javanese people find the "wayang" are important heritage to them .The experts in "wayang" all comes from kraton people itself.They have the complete props and whoever wants to learn the different aspect of "wayang" all in "kraton".

"Dalang" is the person who recite the stories . It was me ,but creating the picture story in my art piece.

I will talk more about the props they use and the wayang kulit.Thank you.Any comment feel free to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment